Its been a while since I have shared my favorite supplies so I thought I would give y’all an update. I generally like to stick with one style of journaling for a while. Every now and then I will get bored with what I am doing and I will decide to change it up, but when I stick with one style it makes it much easier to take my journaling with me and its less intimidating when I think about pulling out my supplies to bible journal.
My current favorite style is a very basic background color and lettering. So let’s talk about what supplies I like to use for my background color and lettering.
- Super crayons or gel crayons – They are very similar to gelatos or my watercolor crayons I use to use. I learned about them last year when I attended the Ultimate Bible Journaling Retreat. A lot of people will use them like gelatos and will use baby wipes with them, but I like for them to have the watercolor effect, which leads me to my second favorite supply;
- Aqua painter – I have been using an aqua painter for about fifteen years, back to my scrapbooking days. I always use my aqua painter with my super crayons to give my background the watercolor effect and it gives the full-page color without making it so you can’t still read the words in your bible.
- Heat gun – Another tool I have literally had for fifteen years (I remember this because my daughter is fifteen and I started scrapbooking after she was born). I can dry my page in an instant and I am ready to go on.
- Tombow Calligraphy Pens – These are my absolute favorite black pens. I have never had any issues writing over anything with these pens. Many other black pens I have had issues writing over backgrounds, but I have not had issues writing over anything I have used for the background. My husband bought my first set of these pens for me almost three years ago and I use them all the time and they still write great.
- Tombow Fudenosuke Color Pens – I was so excited when Tombow came out with these pens. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dual brush pens they have but, I like these so much better because the tip is the same is the calligraphy pens and they are in color. I actually recently picked up a set of these in neon.
When I want to pack up some supplies to take with me these are the supplies I take. Then I am ready to work on a page and I can change it up on every page with different colors and different lettering styles. What are your favorite supplies?? Be sure to head on over to Facebook and share your favorite supplies with us.
Disclosure: This post contains product affiliate links, meaning I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through my link. Please check out my policies and disclosure for more details.